Caleruega Church Travel Guide: Fall In Love With Batangas’ Popular Wedding Destination
Caleruega Church cover photo source: Wikimedia Commons
When it comes to tying the knot, exchanging vows, and starting the road to forever, the southern provinces near Manila are popular wedding destinations. And without a doubt, Caleruega Church in Nasugbu, Batangas isn’t an exception.
With its red brick walls exuding a vintage vibe surrounded with lush greenery—we can easily see why many visitors are charmed by it, and why many couples decide to hold their weddings at Caleruega Church. But aside from being a popular wedding spot, Caleruega Church is also ideal for retreats, recreation, or any other outdoor activities.
How to get to Caleruega Church
Whether you are taking your private car or traveling by public transportation via bus or van, Caleruega Church is easy to reach.
Manila to Caleruega Church by private vehicle
Via South Super Hi-way
- Take Sta. Rosa Exit
- Proceed towards Tagaytay Market
- Turn right to Rotonda
Via Coastal Road
From Roxas Boulevard, drive to Aguinaldo Hi-way all the way up to Tagaytay
Manila to Caleruega Church by public transport
- From the CROW Bus Terminal along EDSA in Pasay, ride buses going to any of these destinations: Nasugbu, Balayan or Calatagan. Tell the driver to drop you off at Evercrest. The travel time is about 3 hours.
- Alight at Evercrest in Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas. Upon arrival, take a tricycle to Caleruega Chapel.
- Taft Avenue-Gil Puyat Avenue: The van terminal is in front of Jollibee at EGI Mall.
- EDSA-Taft Avenue: The van terminal is behind the Kabayan Hotel.
If going by van to Caleruega Chapel, it will only take about 2 hours but the fare is a bit higher compared to the bus fare.
If you want to learn more about the Caleruega Church history or find out the Caleruega wedding rates, Caleruega Church open hours, Caleruega Church contact number and more, read this travel guide.
What’s inside this blog?
- Caleruega Church Location
- How to get to Caleruega Church
- Things to do at Caleruega
- Frequently Asked Questions About Caleruega Church
Caleruega Church History
The Church of Caleruega is also known as the Transfiguration Chapel. It was built in 1995 and got its name from a town in Spain, which was the birthplace of St. Dominic de Guzman, fouder of the Order of Preachers.
Caleruega Philippines was then built in 1995. It is named after the birthplace of Domingo de Guzman, father of the Order of Preachers. To remember and honor the legacy of their founder, the Filipino Dominicans built Caleruega Chapel with the hopes of becoming like Caleruega, Spain, a birthplace-a genesis for people speaking to and of God.
Everything to Know About Caleruega Wedding
2.1 Caleruega Church Wedding Rates
Use of the Chapel only
- PHP 15,000 (February to November)
- PHP 20,000 (December and January)
According to the parish office, Caleruega Chapel can provide a priest to solemnize the marriage, couples are free to invite a priest of their choice.
The use of the chapel is exclusive of floral arrangement and choir, and inclusive of Caleruega Chapel Sound System, CD Player, Organ and Sacristan.
2.2 Caleruega Wedding Reception Areas
Here’s a list of some areas where couples can hold their reception, and the Caleruega Church wedding rates 2021. Couples will provide for their own caterer and sound system.
|Plaza de Aza and Tuktok (Roofdeck)||PHP 40,000||200 personsOutdoor can be outfitted with tents.|
|Veritas Hall||PHP 30,000|
Additional PHP 7,500 for the use of air-condition
Additional PHP 5, 000 for the use of air-condition
2.3 Caleruega Wedding Requirements
Now that you know the Caleruega Church wedding rates, you must take note of the wedding documents needed to arrange your big day at Caleruega Church address. See below for details.
To be accomplished 3 months before the wedding date.
- Marriage License( 120 days validity): This can be secured from the municipal hall of any of the parties.
- New Copy of Baptismal Certificate
- New Copy of Confirmation Certificate
- Document #2 and #3 can be secured from the parish where the person received the Sacrament of Baptism and Confirmation.
- 6 months validity
- Both documents must be inscribed with “FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSES”
- Pre-cana Seminar: This can be taken from any parish. Please secure a certificate of attendance.
- Canonical Interviews (schedule interview at least 3 weeks before the wedding)
- Marriage Banns
- Name /License No. of officiating priest
- Name of Principal Sponsors
- Certificate of Freedom to Marry
- Requirement for those who stayed abroad for more than 6 months.
- Couple’s picture
- Instructions regarding these requirements shall be provided for by St. Francis Xavier Parish as the canonical requirements are processed by and pertinent documents kept by the said parish. (For every wedding an amount of PHP 5,000 is forwarded by Caleruega to St. Francis Xavier Parish for the above services).
Check out the Caleruega Church website to see the latest updates about the Caleruega wedding rates and wedding requirements.
2.4 Caleruega Church Wedding Schedule
Whether you want to tie the knot at the Caleruega tent chapel or any other venues at the church, here is the schedule you must take note of.
Mondays to Saturdays
- Morning Wedding: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Afternoon Wedding: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Evening Wedding: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Morning Wedding: 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Afternoon Wedding: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Evening Wedding: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Check out the Caleruega Church website to see Caleruega Church contact number.
Caleruega Church Address
The Transfiguration Chapel of Caleruega is located on top of the hill in Brgy. Kaylaway, Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas surrounded by panoramic breathtaking views of greenery.
Here’s the Caleruega Church map to guide you:
Things to do at Caleruega
Photo source: Wikimedia Commons
From learning about the Caleruega Church history to exploring Caleruega tent chapel, there are lots of things to do in Caleruega Chapel. Here, we’ve rounded up a list of the activities that you can try whether you’re just visiting for leisure purposes or planning your wedding.
Take photos at the Fountain Compass
The fountain compass is the first thing you will see when you arrive at Calereuga. It is a circular fountain surrounded by pretty plants.
Feel like a royalty at the Cenaculum and the Dominicum’s grand stairway
This stairway is the most popular spot at the church. It is a perfect background for your Instagram photos, making you feel like a royalty in an old era with the red bricks at your back.
Visit the Transfiguration Chapel
The Transfiguration Chapel is the highlight and main tourist attraction in Caleruega. Here you can attend mass, meditate, or engage in other religious activities.
Connect with God at the Caleruega Tent Chapel
Aside from the main church itself, there are other areas where you can pray and connect with God, like the Caleruega Tent Chapel. It is open-air and features large stained-glass imagery of God.
Hike at Mount Batulao
This is one of the easiest mountains to hike in Batangas. What sets Mt. Batulao apart from others is that it has 12 peaks! Once you reach the summit, you’ll have a panoramic view of the whole province, making this an Instagrammable destination.
Frequently Asked Questions About Caleruega Church
Q: Is there an entrance fee at the Caleruega Church?
A: The Caleruega entrance fee is PHP 30 per person.
Q: Can we hold weddings at Caleruega Church?
A: Yes. Actually, it’s a popular wedding destination because of its charming facade and interiors. Fro the Caleruega Church wedding rates 2021, you can check out the Caleruega Church website
Q: Is there parking space at Caleruega?
A: Yes, there’s a designated parking area near the entrance.
Q: How to contact Caleruega?
A: Here are the Caleruega contact numbers:
- 09209382083 or 09275579476
Or email them at: [email protected]
Q: Where is Caleruega Church located?
A: Caleruega Church is located at Brgy. Kaylaway, Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas.
Q: How much are the Caleruega wedding rates?
A: The rates vary depending on the season. Here are the rates for the use of the chapel only: PHP 15,000 (February to November), and PHP 20,000 (December and January).
Disclaimer: ZEN Rooms claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on ZEN Rooms, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.