Casa Marita: The Best Bargain Vigan Hotel Where Rustic Meets Modern
Ah… Vigan. Whenever Ilocos Region is mentioned, Vigan City always pops first into mind like it’s the only place you could see in the region. Truth is, it’s really hard not to think of Vigan when it comes to traveling north as it is among the most popular places in the country thanks to its history and well-preserved Spanish architecture that allows you to travel back in time.
Vigan is chock-full of traditional buildings with capiz windows and rustic facade that were preserved from the colonial times, kalesas, and cobblestone streets that make a perfect backdrop for the ‘gram! Here, you wouldn’t even need a time travel machine to revisit the past, all you have to do is check in to a Vigan hotel that will give you a cozy stay without breaking the bank as you explore other tourist attractions. One of the Vigan hotels near Calle Crisologo that will give you just that is Casa Marita.
Casa Marita is a boutique Vigan hotel that offers modern amenities while preserving the Spanish architecture of the historic city. The facade of this Vigan hotel will remind you of the past yet not abandoning the contemporaneousness that many travelers are looking for. Therefore, Casa Marita gives you the perfect modern home comforts in a traditional setting.
This is one of the hotels in Vigan City that offers spacious rooms enough to accommodate groups for four, making it ideal for families or barkadas. The rooms of this Vigan hotel are air-conditioned and come with a private toilet and bath with hot water. You will not also have to worry about your safety as Casa Marita is totally secured with fire protection and electronic card entry systems. Each room also comes with colored TV and free Wifi for an extra dose of rest and relaxation.
And if you’re a foodie who wants to try the best of Ilocos cuisine, then you’re in for a treat at this hotel in Vigan City because it has a restaurant called Comedor that serves Vigan breakfast staples like the famed longanisa and bagnet, where as they say, everything is guaranteed to be hearty.
And because it is located within the heritage zone, Casa Marita also gives you easy access to several Vigan tourist spots in just a few minutes. Among the attractions you can easily visit from this cheap hotel in Vigan are the following:
- Calle Crisologo (1.1 km) – When talking about tourist spots in Vigan, the iconic Calle Crisologo is the most popular one. Its main draw is the Spanish houses of the wealthy families that have been so well-maintained over the years. You can also ride a kalesa or simply take a fun walking Vigan tour to see the marvelous heritage houses. If you’re looking for Vigan Hotels near Calle Crisologo, Casa Marita is the ideal place to stay at.
- National Museum of the Philippines Ilocos Complex (260 m) – This museum is the ancestral house and birthplace of one of the priest patriots from the famous GomBurZa: Fr. Jose Burgos.
This tourist attraction is one of the notable historic structures of Vigan and features astounding collections exhibiting the Iloco-Kankanay-Itneg material culture; some trade ceramics; models of two trading vessels; Dioramas of local historical events; photographs of individuals who contributed to the socio-cultural development and history of the region and of the Philippines; Old books and historical records; Memorabilia of Father Burgos and his family; period furniture pieces; Oil paintings of the Basi Revolt of 1807 by Don Esteban Villanueva; and a Liturgical collection.
If you want to see this without any hassle, better to stay at this affordable hotel in Vigan as it is near the museum.
- Plaza Salcedo (Dancing Fountain) (400 m) – Located between Vigan Cathedral and the Provincial Capitol, Plaza Salcedo is a great spot for picture taking at day and turns to a stage of dancing lights at night. The water in the fountain of this Vigan Plaza is always right on cue and dances to the beat of the music. So if you stay at the cheap hotel in Vigan Casa Marita, you will be able to access this Vigan Plaza easily.
Whether you’re traveling for a long vacation for leisure or just here for the weekend for a business trip, Casa Marita is one of the most budget-friendly hotels in Vigan City, making it the best hotel in Vigan for leisure and business travelers on a budget.
More details about Casa Marita
Address: Burgos, Cor Gomez St., Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
Starts at PHP 3,000/night
Perfect for: Leisure travelers
What to love about this cheap hotel in Vigan:
- Air Conditioning
- Hot Shower
- Free WiFi
- 24h Front Desk
- 24h Room Service
- Ironing Facilities
- Baggage Storage
- Shared Lounge / TV Area
- Laundry (Extra Cost)
- Dry Cleaning (Extra Cost)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Airport Shuttle (Extra Cost)
- 24h Security
- SPA (Massage, Facial, Manicure/Pedicure, Hair Service)
- Flat Screen TV
- Private Bathroom
- Cable TV Channel
- Window in The Room
- Bottled Water
- Coffee & Tea
- Study Desk
- Telephone in Room
- Hair Dryer
Things to do in and around this affordable hotel in Vigan:
- Indulge yourself in a delicious gastronomic adventure
- Go on a weaving tour
- Make your own pot
- Visit the Vigan Cathedral
- Explore Calle Crisologo on a kalesa
For a detailed Vigan travel guide, read this: Vigan City Guide: Traveling to The World’s Best-Preserved Spanish Colonial Town
The deal you shouldn’t miss
Looking for the best hotel in Vigan promos? Here’s an amazing Vigan hotel that offers low rates with great comfort, plus an additional deal you shouldn’t miss:
Use Code ZENCASAMARITA for an extra 10% OFF
Valid until October 31 (prepaid orders)