Kawasan Falls: A Spectacle of Nature’s Grandeur and Charm
The water of the bluest of blues is a common sight in Cebu. From its stunning beaches in Bantayan to Kawasan Falls in Badian—Cebu is never a disappointment and always catching its visitors’ hearts.
What draws local and foreign tourists alike to this beautiful destination is this majestic falls’ turquoise water in Southern Cebu. Perhaps, thanks to social media that contributed a lot to keeping the flame of interest alive for Kawasan Falls.
It is located at the foot of Mantalongon Mountain Range, approximately one kilometer from the national road of Badian and at least four hours of trekking from Osmeña Peak of Dalaguete.
Aside from its stunning view and turquoise water, Kawasan canyoneering has also brought an influx of adventurous travelers in town.
Things to do in Kawasan Falls
In Cebu, there are many activities that you can try depending on your interests. If you’re more of a laid back person who wants a chill trip, you can book a City tour and go island hopping in Northern Cebu. But if you want thrilling adventures, Southern Cebu is the place to be!
1. Canyoneering – Kawasan Falls tour is not complete without Kawasan canyoneering! It is, after all, the main and most famous activity in the area. People come here just for canyoneering! This is perfect for those adrenaline junkies who love thrilling adventures. In canyoneering, you’ll be doing rappelling, water rafting, and of course, waterfall jumping!
2. Rent a bamboo raft – Want a picture for the ‘gram like no other? Or just want to sail around the Kawasan Falls? You can do all these by renting a bamboo raft. It costs about P300 that can accommodate up to 20 persons.
3. Swimming – If you’re not up for Kawasan canyoneering, you can still enjoy the famous turquoise water of this waterfall and take your time swimming! You can do stroke tricks or just float around the area. To make this more fun, call your travel buddies and ask them to join you form a star while floating and ask your local guide to take a group photo.
4. Picnic – Since food is allowed in Kawasan, it’s the best time to have a picnic with your family or friends. But please be mindful of the trash and waste. Store them or throw them properly and not just leave in the area.
5. Shower massage – Go near where the water drops and get your massage fix by the falls! Its flow is strong enough to massage your back and get the relaxation you need.
Kawasan Falls Entrance Fee
Kawasan Falls entrance fee is P40 per person. Cottages and picnic tables are available for rent while those planning to stay overnight may opt to get a room for as low as P1,000 if your Kawasan Falls hotel is far. Food is also not a problem when you go here because you can bring your own or order in the restaurants in the area.
How to get to Kawasan
From Cebu South Bus Terminal, take the bus going to the town of Badian. The trip will take around two hours depending on the traffic. Bus fare is P130, one way.
Tell the bus conductor that you’re headed to Kawasan so that they can drop you off at the national highway. From the highway, you will walk around 15 minutes to get to the Kawasan Falls.
Kawasan Falls Map
Booking a Kawasan Falls tour will make the trip easier because your guide will handle all the logistics. But if you’re doing it yourself, here’s a map to guide you to go to Kawasan.
Check out ZEN Rooms and book the best budget hotels in Cebu for a quality accommodation without breaking the bank!
Disclaimer: ZEN Rooms claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on ZEN Rooms, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.