The popularity of budget travel in the last 10 years led to an increase in the number of small and midsize independent hotels in the industry. As competitors have increased, hoteliers need to stay competitive by updating their processes and adapt tools that will result in better customer service.
To be at an advantage and scale the business, hotels need a digital solution to streamline their administrative process and improve the overall hotel management system. More hotels are now switching to a cloud-based Property Management System (PMS) that enables them to standardize booking procedures, simplify adjustments in reservations, view financial reports in one place, and gather guest insights.
In a survey by Software Advice in 2014, 54% of hotel management software purchasers in the industry are small to midsize independent hotels. Here are the reasons why more and more hoteliers opt for a PMS in improving their efficiency.
3 Key Reasons Why Hotels Should Switch to a Cloud-Based PMS
- Long term savings
In the same survey by Software Advice, 96% of hotel software buyers are now looking for a cloud-based system to lower investment costs and have more flexibility for bookings. Automation functions of a reliable cloud-based PMS can do the job of one person, which means fewer costs on wages for hotel owners. Moreover, a PMS costs less than $50 per month, almost 40% less than the amount of one front desk officer.
- Improves staff efficiency
The main function of a PMS is to seamlessly edit room reservations (cancellations, re-bookings, and booking extensions) which makes it easy for front desk officers to manage room allotments. A PMS includes other hotel functions such as financial report generation and check-in processes which can save up to 2 hours daily in manually doing these tasks. Hotel staff members can then focus on assisting guests and improving customer service. Additionally, through the mobile app, each hotel staff member can coordinate on the tasks that need to be done through remote access.
- Used as a marketing tool
A good cloud-based PMS will include a guest management feature to maintain guest information. Helping hoteliers understand them better and provide better service. Moreover, a PMS has a basic email marketing tool that allows hotels to send automated booking confirmation emails to ensure smooth check-in and post-checkout emails. Hoteliers can even profile their usual guest types and retarget their services to this majority.
ZEN eManager: A Digital All-in-one Solution for Small and Midsize Independent Hotels
ZEN eManager is a digital all-in-one solution trusted by more than 5,000 independent hotels in Southeast Asia. Hotels with an average room count of 20 are the majority of ZEN eManager clients, in which they are able to have the following:
A cloud-based property management system: eZee Absolute is a Property Management System (PMS) that allows hoteliers and other staff to manage the property remotely while ensuring that hotel operations are smooth and guest satisfaction is excellent. Through the mobile app, the hotel staff will be able to coordinate on tasks without staying close to each other.
Advantages of eZee Absolute:
- Automation of hotel operations – The PMS allows auto-assignment of rooms to the hotel guests so the staff does not have to manually check which rooms are available. It also provides the staff with an easier way to input in guest details and checks them in the hotel.
- Tracking of hotel performance – The PMS provides increased visibility on hotel data like guest insights, room occupancy, and financial status. This allows hoteliers to quickly re-plan their strategies for the next few days or weeks.
- Integration with Channel Manager – eZee Absolute can seamlessly be connected to the hotel’s Channel Manager. Since more bookings are coming from Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), it is important to synchronize external bookings with in-house reservations and current bookings.
ZEN eManager also includes:
- A cloud-based channel manager: ZEN eManager also has eZee Centrix, a Channel Manager. It allows easy management of hotel listings across 100+ OTAs in one dashboard.
- A dedicated revenue manager: ZEN eManager also includes a dedicated revenue manager straight from ZEN Headquarters. The assigned revenue manager applies the most advanced pricing algorithm, the ZEN Pricing Model, to ensure that hotel owners get maximum revenue no matter the season.
- Exclusive listing on zenrooms.com: ZEN Rooms is a trusted brand, with its own Online Travel Agency (OTA) zenrooms.com obtaining up to 1 million monthly website visits. ZEN also gives a marketing edge to exclusive partners by publicizing their hotels across digital marketing channels with more than 1 million followers.
Book a free demo of ZEN eManager at www.zen-hs.com/book-a-meeting to find out more.