5 Ways Hotels Can Provide Great Customer Experience During A Global Crisis
Creating good customer experiences is more challenging for hotels today because of COVID-19. Guest preferences and behaviors have shifted drastically, and hotels must adapt quickly to these changes to sustain their businesses. Focusing on great customer experience should be a priority not only to increase revenues but for long-term brand development of the hotel. In fact, 84% of businesses that focused on delivering great customer experience had a significant increase in their revenues (Source: Chameleon Collective).
2 Key Ingredients for Great Customer Experience
Customer experience consists of the service that your hotel staff offers and the whole hotel experience of guests from pre-check in to check-out
Hotel Staff Service
The hotel staff are the best representatives of your hotel as they directly interact with guests throughout their stay in the hotel. Therefore, the service given creates lasting impressions on guests and will serve as their main basis on determining how good the hotel is.
Guests’ Overall Hotel Experience
A guest’s hotel experience starts when upon search and during the browsing of details and room specifications on the booking platform. Followed by the booking and payment processes. Once the hotel room has been reserved, guests will receive confirmation on their booking and some reminders to prepare them for their stay.
In the Hotel
Once he steps into the hotel premises, the attitude of the front desk officer and other members of the hotel staff will be the first ones to be noticed. Followed by the check-in procedures until the guests’ arrival at his hotel room. Expectations will include contactless check-in procedures, safety of the hotel and even cleanliness of the property during this pandemic.
The guest’s experience will not stop upon check-out. It is an added value if the hotel will send Thank You messages to make the guest feel appreciated for his/her stay and be up to date with loyalty programs.
5 Ways To Provide Great Customer Experience
1. Fix Hotel Listings on Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) /Partner with OTAs
It is important to organize hotel information properly on booking platforms since this is the start of the guest’s hotel journey. Considering this, the hotel must update the listing on OTAs to make sure that guests can see the great service that the property has. If the hotel is not seen on any OTA yet, it is important to partner with a reliable one as soon as possible to increase visibility and to be trusted by guests when deciding where to book.
2. Adapt A Booking Engine
A Booking Engine allows guests to book on the hotel’s website & Facebook page, in which the hotel will receive booking real time. The accessibility provided by a Booking Engine on both the guest and the hotelier will improve customer experience due to the hassle-free processing of the booking.
3. Retrain and Empower Hotel Staff
At the end of the day, good customer service at hotels always comes back to the hotel’s manpower. The staff will need to take extra measures on keeping guests happy during the pandemic. Since guests expectations have changed, the hotel staff will also need to be re-trained on how to cater to guests during this time.
4. Provide Fast and Free Wi-Fi
Nowadays, free Wi-Fi is not only expected but required. If the hotel charges extra for Wi-Fi, expect that the hotel guest will never return to the hotel. According to a survey by Hospitality Technology, 90% of hotel guests indicated that easy access to a hotel’s Wi-Fi is ‘very important.’ As more guests opt to travel with laptops, smartphones, and wearables, hoteliers must make sure their hotel Wi-Fi is fast enough to handle all these devices.
5. Adapt A Cloud-based Property Management System (PMS)
The days of using manual hotel management methods through pen, paper booking records are long gone. Even the existing software on hotel computers can be too manual and outdated. In fact, more than 90% of hotel software buyers are now looking for a cloud-based system. This is because a cloud-based PMS stores information on the internet, making it accessible from any device. A reliable PMS enables hotel staff to streamline day-to-day operations like check-in, check-out, and re-bookings. It also allows hotels to get guest insights, automate guest reminders, and specialize loyalty programs for guests. This means staff can focus on providing the best possible customer service experience to guests.
ZEN eManager Pro: The Complete Digital Solution to Enhance Customer Experience
Get everything that ZEN eManager has to offer plus unique add-ons to improve guest relationship and brand image.
ZEN eManager includes:
- A cloud-based hotel management system: Get both eZee Absolute, a Property Management System, and eZee Centrix, a Channel Manager. eZee allows easy management of hotel listings across all OTAs, real-time monitoring of hotel operations, generation of accurate financial reports online in one dashboard, acquisition of real-time guest insights, and sending of automated guest emails and reminders.
- A dedicated revenue manager: Have a dedicated revenue manager straight from ZEN Headquarters who applies the most advanced pricing algorithm, the ZEN Pricing Model, to ensure that hotel owners get maximum revenue no matter the season.
- Exclusive listing on zenrooms.com: ZEN Rooms is a trusted brand, with its own Online Travel Agency (OTA) zenrooms.com obtaining up to 1 million monthly website visits. ZEN also gives a marketing edge to exclusive partners by publicizing their hotels across digital marketing channels with more than 1 million followers.
With Pro, hotels get these additional features:
- 24/7 Customer Care – Hotel partners have dedicated customer support to assist in booking processes and maintain guest relationships.
- Booking Engine – eZee Reservation, the Booking Engine included in ZEN eManager Pro, allows hotels to accept online bookings on both the hotel website and its social media pages. It also serves as a back office for reservations made on those platforms.
- Free Hotel Photoshoot – Hotel partners get a full photoshoot of their hotel (each type of hotel room, amenities, exterior, and other important facilities). ZEN staff also assists in editing these photos and uploading them on the hotel’s OTAs.
Book a free ZEN eManager Pro demo: www.zen-hs.com/book-a-meeting.
Disclaimer: ZEN Rooms claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on ZEN Rooms, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.