Find out the latest Baguio travel requirements this 2022, the latest news on Baguio guidelines, and more in this complete travel guide.
Because the Philippines is a tropical country, Filipinos are always on the lookout for beaches and other places where they can cool off.
One of the most popular places in the Philippines is Baguio City that gives cool weather year-round, allowing you to escape the stifling heat of the metro. That’s why people don’t mind even if they have to travel for 4 to 6 hours.
And great news for those who are itching to visit Baguio again! After months of closing to the travelers, Baguio City has finally reopened its doors to welcome fully vaccinated tourists following certain Baguio City travel permit requirements.
If you want to know more about the Baguio travel requirements 2022, we’ve created this ultimate guide for tourists going to Baguio to make traveling easier and hassle-free.
What’s inside this blog?
Baguio Travel Requirements 2022
For FULLY VACCINATED tourists coming from ALERT LEVEL 1, 2 and 3:
- Approved Baguio Visita QR-coded Tourist Pass (QTP) and confirmed schedule. You may need a valid ID and a recent photo to complete this.
- Valid ID. Government-issued.
- Vaccination Certificate or Card.
- Proof of accommodation. If you’re paying for your accommodation, book an establishment that is listed on Baguio VISITA.
- Triage upon arrival. All tourists must undergo triage when they arrive in Baguio City. There are central triage areas but some hotels and bus terminals have their own.
For UNVACCINATED OR PARTIALLY VACCINATED tourists from areas under Alert Level 1 and 2:
- Negative RT PCR Test Result
- Medical Certificate stating that the traveler is not eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccine, issued by the Local Health Officer
OTHER IMPORTANT REMINDERS
- Those from ECQ, MECQ, Alert Levels 4 and 5 areas, are not allowed to travel to Baguio. All travelers from areas under Alert Level 1 and 2 are allowed to enter Baguio City. Those who are from under Alert Level 3 must be fully vaccinated.
- Travelers 17 years old or below are NOT required to present proof of vaccination or testing as long as they are accompanied by vaccinated or tested adult/s.
- Always follow minimum health and safety protocols, wear masks and observe distancing at all times.
- Observe existing city laws: no littering, no smoking, vehicle number coding within CBD, and others.
- Stay only in accommodation establishments listed in Baguio VISITA, and enter business establishments with a Safety Seal issued by the city government.
- Business establishments observe strict protocols with limited capacity and therefore guests may be refused entry.
- For Authorized Persons Outside of Residence (APORs), returning residents, workers or students, register on hdf.baguio.gov.ph
Related stories you shouldn’t miss:
- A Complete Travel Guide for a Memorable Staycation in Baguio
- 15 Must-Visit Baguio Tourist Spots for a Fun Escapade
- Burnham Park: Guide to Exploring One of Baguio’s Most Welcoming Attractions
- Baguio Botanical Garden: A Serene Place That Lets You Get Closer to Nature and Peace
- Panagbenga: The Baguio Flower Festival That Everyone’s Been Talking About
Frequently Asked Questions About Baguio Travel Requirements
Q: What are the Baguio travel requirements?
A: The Baguio travel requirements are as follows:
- Baguio Visita registration with QR-coded Tourist Pass
- Vaccination card or vaccination certificate
- Health screening and verification at the triage in Baguio upon arrival
Q: Is Baguio accepting tourists now?
A: Yes, Baguio has reopened for domestic travelers who are fully vaccinated. Part of the Baguio city travel permit requirements is Baguio Visita registration with QR-coded Tourist Pass, Vaccination card or vaccination certificate, and Health screening and verification at the triage in Baguio upon arrival.
Q: Do we need to present a negative RT PCR test result in Baguio?
A: If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to give a negative RT PCR test result. Under the latest Baguio tourist requirements 2022, fully vaccinated tourists are only required to present vaccine cards or certificates.
Q: Who is allowed to travel to Baguio?
A: Only those who are fully vaccinated tourists are allowed to travel to Baguio.
Q: What are the requirements to travel to Baguio if I’m coming from Manila?
A: The Baguio City travel requirements are the same as the general public who are eligible to enter the province. If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to give a negative RT PCR test result. But if you’re not vaccinated or partially vaccinated, you are not allowed to enter Baguio.
For the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated minors aged 12 to 17, part of their Baguio travel pass requirements 2022 is to present negative results of Antigen or RT-PCR test conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival or during health screening at the City Triage.
Q: What are the requirements for returning Baguio residents?
A: The requirement for returning Baguio residents, workers or students, or APORs is to go to HDF Baguio online registration and register on hdf.baguio.gov.ph
Know the travel guidelines of other places in the Philippines here: Travel Guidelines Philippines 2021: Open Destinations for Leisure Trips and Latest Philippine Travel Requirements
References of information written in this guide for tourists going to Baguio
Disclaimer: ZEN Rooms claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on ZEN Rooms, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.