Book affordable Baguio hotels for your holiday vacation! Exclusive discount below for ZEN Rooms’ readers.
Dubbed as the Summer Capital of the Philippines, Baguio City has long been a favorite destination for the holiday season because of its year-round cold weather.
So instead of just binge-watching Love Actually with your pajamas and ugly sweater on, why not spend some quality time with your family or friends in one of the favorite Christmas destinations in the country? After all, it’s the most wonderful time of the year.
Besides, Baguio City has everything you need—cold cuddle weather, good food, amazing tourist spots, and more! So to help you plan out your Christmas Baguio staycation, we’ve created this guide where you can book cheap hotels in Baguio, and see the best attractions.
Best Budget Baguio City Hotels to Book Your Holidays
Whether you want accommodation in Baguio near the popular establishments and attractions or stay somewhere far from the hustle and bustle, we got you covered. Here are the best hotels in Baguio perfect for solo and group travelers:
What’s inside this blog?
- Baguio Travel Requirements 2021
- Best tourist spots in Baguio
- Affordable Hotels in Baguio
- Frequently Asked Questions About Baguio Hotels
Baguio Travel Requirements 2021
Only fully-vaccinated tourists are allowed to travel to Baguio. There are only three (3) main Baguio travel pass requirements, these are:
- Baguio Visita registration with QR-coded Tourist Pass
- Vaccination card or vaccination certificate
- Health screening and verification at the triage in Baguio upon arrival
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated adults are not allowed.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated minors aged 12 to 17 must present negative results of Antigen or RT-PCR test conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival or during health screening at the City Triage.
- Minors aged 11 and below shall be tested at the option of their accompanying parents or adult guardian.
For more detailed information about the requirements for entering Baguio City, read this: Baguio Travel Requirements: Updated 2021 Guide to Traveling to Baguio
Best tourist spots in Baguio
From parks to museums, you’ll never run out of good places to visit in Baguio. Here are the must-visit attractions in the City of Pines.
- Mines View Park
- Burnham Park
- Botanical Garden
- The Mansion
- Valley of Colors
- Tree Top Adventure
- Strawberry Farms in La Trinidad
- BenCab Museum
- Good Shepherd Convent
- Wright Park
For more tourist attractions for your Baguio staycation, read this: 15 Must-Visit Baguio Tourist Spots for a Fun Escapade
Affordable Hotels in Baguio
1. Casa Bel
If you’re looking for Baguio hotels that are minimalist and sleek, Casa Bel is the one for you. Not only they offer affordable and quality rooms but they are also near popular Baguio tourist spots!
Baguio Lefern Hotel Military Cut-off is a budget-friendly hotel ideal for nature-lovers, families, and bleisure travelers (business + leisure). What makes it a hit is their bright rooms exuding good vibes, and they’re strategic location!
Yes, there are hot springs in Benguet, too! Palm Grove Hot Springs features an outdoor swimming pool, a restaurant, a spa, 24-hour security and a common kitchen.
Featuring rooms with wooden floors, R Bed and Breakfast is your ultimate home away from home. It’s where traditional and modern meet.
Frequently Asked Questions About Baguio Hotels
Q: Where to book affordable Baguio hotels?
A: If you want to score great hotel deals, book your accommodation in Baguio with ZEN Rooms. We offer cheap hotels in Baguio that feature quality rooms in awesome locations! Exclusive discount is available for our readers!
Q: What is the best hotel in Baguio?
A: Whether you want Baguio hotels near the popular establishments and attractions or stay somewhere far from the hustle and bustle, we got you covered. Here are the best hotels in Baguio perfect for solo and group travelers:
- Casa Bel
- Baguio Lefern Hotel Military Cut-off
- Palm Grove Hot Springs
- R Bed and Breakfast
Disclaimer: ZEN Rooms claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on ZEN Rooms, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
There’s no denying that, since traveling came to a complete stop due to the pandemic, we can’t help but feel the itch of hitting the road again. The good thing is, travel restrictions in the Philippines are beginning to ease up, allowing travelers to rediscover the beauty of the country. While we can’t travel overseas yet, that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun anymore. Sometimes, the best kind of trip happens in the most unexpected places, whether it’s miles away from you or just right outside your doorstep.
One of the tourist destinations in the Philippines that reopened to the public is Baguio City, the City of Pines. Other than the pristine beaches of the Philippines, the Philippines boasts of gems like Baguio that capture the hearts of many.
Baguio is most popular for its cool weather that is why it is dubbed as the Summer Capital of the Philippines. With its stunning attractions from breathtaking views of the mountains and colorful flower gardens, a 4-hour drive to this city isn’t that bad at all. What makes Baguio a perfect staycation destination aside from its beautiful spots is the wide selection of Baguio City hotels like Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast that won’t let you break the bank.
Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast is an affordable hotel in Baguio featuring awesome amenities that give a relaxing vibe and comfort recommended for nature lovers, and bleisure travelers. From spacious rooms to its proximity to some Baguio attractions, there’s nothing you could ask for when you stay at Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast.
Among the awesome places near this Baguio hotel are:
- Bamboo Sanctuary (1.3 km) – Feel like you’re in Japan even without hopping on a plane because in Baguio, there is a cool attraction that looks like the Japan Bamboo Forest. Bamboo sanctuary in Baguio lets you walk on a narrow path with tall bamboo trees on both sides, covering the place.
- Burnham Park (1.4 km) – Burnham Park is one of the most famous places in Baguio. The park offers an Instagrammable centuries-old artificial lake where you can ride a swan boat that you can operate on your own. Aside from boating, you can also jog and bike at Burnham Park. So if you’re looking for a Baguio Hotel near Burnham Park, Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast is perfect.
- Mirador Heritage and Eco Park (2.5 km) – This tourist attraction in Baguio is one of the places that will give you peace and quiet while enjoying a nice view. It features a Rock Garden, Peace Memorial, and the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove.
- SM Baguio (3.0 km) – One of the Baguio City hotels near SM Baguio is Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast so whenever you need something, you can just walk or ride a cab to SM from this cheap hotel in Baguio.
Baguio Travel Advisory
As per City Advisory No. 08-2021, non-essential or leisure travels are now allowed starting Aug 16, 2021 but only for the following:
- From the GCQ and MGCQ areas.
- Fully vaccinated travelers with valid vaccination documents.
- If not fully vaccinated, must have negative RTPCR test results, conducted within 72 hours prior to entry.
- Registered in visita.baguio.gov.ph, with QTP, prior to travel.
- All travelers entering Baguio must undergo triage upon entry
- Only APORs and essential travels are allowed from areas under ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ with Heightened Restrictions. They must register in hdf.baguio.gov.ph.
- Observe minimum public health standards, safety protocols, and local ordinances when in Baguio.
For more travel updates, visit Baguio Tourism’s Facebook Page.
We know that it’s difficult to plan a trip at this time, that is why we make sure to offer you not just an affordable and quality lodge in Baguio but also approved by the government. Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast is one of the DOT accredited hotels in Baguio so when you choose to book with us, you are guaranteed a worry-free and safe stay.
More details about Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast
Address: 20 F. Gomez Street, Lower P. Burgos, Baguio City
Starts at PHP 1,325/night
Perfect for: Business & Leisure travelers
What to love about this affordable hotel in Bohol:
- Free Wifi
- Hot Shower
- Shared Lounge / TV Area
- Designated Smoking Area
- Flat Screen TV
- Private Bathroom
- Bathroom Sink
- Cable TV Channel
- Window in The Room
Things to do in and around this Baguio hotel:
- Food tripping
- Horseback riding
- Thrift shopping
- Picking fresh strawberries
Related article: A Complete Travel Guide for a Memorable Staycation in Baguio
The deal you shouldn’t miss
Looking for an affordable hotel in Baguio? Here’s the best hotel in Baguio that offers low rates with great comfort, plus an additional deal you shouldn’t miss:
Use Code ZENOLDORANGEWOOD for extra 10% OFF
Valid until September 30 (prepaid orders)