Tagbilaran City, the provincial capital, serves as the principal gateway to the island province of Bohol. With a well-thought-out itinerary and choosing a Bohol hotel that puts you close to the sightseeing you want to do, your vacation will be breezy and more manageable.
B&J Guesthouse is one of the most affordable Tagbilaran hotels that gives its guests value-for-money accommodations with its bright and spacious rooms that can cater to up to 12 persons without feeling that your room is bursting at the seams. This cheap hotel in Bohol also features a common kitchen, shared lounge / TV area, wheelchair access, baggage storage, parking and a designated smoking area for guests’ convenience.
This hotel lives up to the city’s moniker “City of Peace and Friendship,” as B&J Guesthouse staff is kind and efficient making your overall experience more pleasant and enjoyable. But that’s not all. Since B&J Guesthouse sits on a fantastic location in Tagbilaran just 10 minutes away from the airport, it allows you to easily access some of Bohol’s most beautiful and popular tourist attractions such as:
- National Museum Bohol (3.0 km) – This museum exhibits a comprehensive documentation of the protection, conservation, and preservation of significant tangible movable and immovable cultural properties of Bohol. It also highlights Bohol’s history and the immediate actions that the government has taken to ensure that the cultural properties, which are now called the National Cultural Treasures and Important Cultural Properties, are preserved.
- Blood Compact Shrine (3.4 km) – The Sandugo or Blood Compact Shrine monument in Tagbilaran is a landmark at the site of the first international treaty of friendship between Spaniards and Filipinos. This monument shows Sikatuna and Legazpi at the famed Sandugo moment.
- Baclayon Church & Museum (7.1 km) – Also known as the Church of Immaculada Concepcion, Baclayon Church is one of the most historic places to visit in Bohol. Built in 1717, Baclayon Church is considered to be one of the oldest in the Philippines. Millions of white eggs were said to have been used as cement for the church. So if you’re looking for awesome Tagbilaran hotels near Baclayon Church, check out B&J Guesthouse.
- Hinagdanan Cave (10.1 km) – Hinagdanan Cave features a pool of clear water where you can swim under the stunning stalactites and stalagmites. According to locals, Hinagdanan Cave was accidentally discovered by a farmer who built a ladder to access the cave, thus the name. The light filters through the cave entrance, filling the whole area with a soothing and otherworldly glow.
- Philippine Tarsier Sanctuary (13.4 km) – This attraction near B&J Guesthouse is a large forest home to the endangered tarsiers. There you’d see the tarsiers cling to low branches or the trunks of slim trees. But be careful and mindful of your movements as tarsiers are very delicate and emotionally sensitive creatures that get stressed easily. According to the tour guides, tarsiers commit suicide by banging their heads against tree trunks when they get stressed, so visitors have to keep the noise level to a minimum. Visitors are allowed to take pictures except using the flash. And tarsiers aren’t allowed to be touched. Read this for the complete guide.
Wouldn’t it be so fun to stay at a cheap hotel in Bohol near these places? For more places to visit, check this out: 15 Best Bohol Tourist Spots Every First-Timer Should Visit
More details about B&J Guesthouse Bohol
Address: 0409 Bantol Street, Dampas District, Tagbilaran City, Bohol
Starts at PHP 1,103/night
Perfect for: Business & Leisure travelers
What to love about this affordable hotel in Bohol:
- Air Conditioning
- Hot Shower
- Free WiFi
- Common Kitchen
- Wheelchair Access
- Meeting Room (Extra Cost)
- Airport Shuttle (Extra Cost)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Ironing Facilities (Extra Cost)
- Baggage Storage
- Shared Lounge / TV Area
- Laundry (Extra Cost)
- Dry Cleaning
- Non Smoking Room
- Flat Screen TV
- Private Bathroom
- Cable TV Channel
- Window in The Room
- Bottled Water
- Coffee & Tea
- Study Desk
Things to do in and around this Bohol hotel:
- Visit the Chocolate Hills
- Lounge at the beaches of Panglao
- Face Your Fears at Bohol’s Adventure Parks
- Have an amazing dining experience at Loboc River Cruise
- Watch the dolphins up close
- Cross the hanging bridge
- See one of the world’s smallest primate
- Witness the amazing man-made forest
- Be amazed at the Hinagdanan Cave
- Visit the Bohol Churches
Related article: 10 Most Fun Things to Do in Bohol You Must Experience
The deal you shouldn’t miss
Looking for an affordable hotel in Bohol? Here’s the best hotel in Bohol that offers low rates with great comfort, plus an additional deal you shouldn’t miss:
Use Code ZENB&J for an extra 10% OFF
Valid until September 30 (prepaid orders)