Find out the latest Boracay travel requirements this 2022, the latest news on Boracay guidelines, and more in this complete travel guide.
Boracay is one of the top beaches in the world and is popular for its long stretch of fine white sand embracing the cerulean waters. So, we can’t blame you if you want to experience it for yourself for the first time or rediscover its beauty because we, too, want to travel there now!
But before booking your plane ticket, make sure you are updated on the latest Boracay travel guidelines! Since its reopening to the public, the local government unit remains strict when it comes to Boracay requirements.
Suggested article: Everything You Need to Know Before Traveling to Boracay
If you want to know more about the requirements to enter Boracay 2022 whether you still need to do saliva testing for a Boracay trip or not, we’ve created this ultimate guide for tourists going to Boracay to make traveling easier and hassle-free.
What’s inside this blog?
- Updated News on Boracay Guidelines 2022
- Boracay Travel Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions About Boracay Travel Requirements
Updated News on Boracay Guidelines 2022
The province of Aklan where Boracay is located is under Alert Level 1.
Boracay Travel Requirements 2022
Here’s a list of the Boracay travel requirements 2022 you must take note of before your trip.
1.Quick Response (QR Code)
To get your QR Code:
- Access touristboracay.com. Click AGREE and PROCEED.
- Fill out the required fields. Make sure to choose the correct visitor type (Foreign, Domestic, OFW/OF)
- Type the CAPTCHA code, then click SUBMIT. A confirmation page will display your QR Code. You can either download, print, or screenshot the code to your device.
- Remember to keep the OHDC QR Code with you at all times.
2. Valid ID
3. Proof of Vaccination Status
- For unvaccinated/partially vaccinated individuals, an RT-PCR negative result taken 72 hours before your departure is needed.
- For those below 12 years old, a Certificate of Undertaking Traveling with Minors is needed. You can find it at aklan.gov.ph
4. A copy of the confirmed hotel booking
5. Roundtrip flight/travel details
Frequently Asked Questions About Boracay Travel Requirements 2022
Q: Is Boracay open now?
A: Yes, Boracay has reopened for all travelers again with certain guidelines. Part of the Boracay tourist requirements is a vaccination card, valid ID, confirmed hotel booking from the establishment, round trip ticket, and negative RT-PCR requirement (for unvaccinated guests).
Q: Who is allowed to travel to Boracay?
A: Leisure travel to Boracay Island is open to tourists of all ages from GCQ and MGCQ areas. Tourists aged 18-65 from NCR Alert Level 4 have been allowed since September 16, 2021.
For more information about Boracay Travel Requirements 2021 and Updates, visit their Facebook page.
Q: Do we need a swab test before going to Boracay?
A: If you’re unvaccinated, Boracay still requires a negative RT-PCR test or saliva testing with 72 hours validity to be permitted to enter the island.
This Boracay accredited swab test will only be acknowledged if it’s only taken from any laboratories accredited by both Department of Health (DOH) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or Saliva-based RT-PCR Test Result processed by the Philippine Red Cross (PRC)
Know the travel guidelines of other places in the Philippines here: Travel Guidelines Philippines 2021: Open Destinations for Leisure Trips and Latest Philippine Travel Requirements
References of information written in this guide for tourists going to Boracay
- Malay-Boracay Tourism Office | Facebook
Disclaimer: ZEN Rooms claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on ZEN Rooms, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.