Traveling means different things—for some, it could be a way of escaping from the stressful daily routine; some do it to discover new places, or maybe find themselves; while for others, traveling could mean freedom. Whatever interpretation we have for it, it all boils to one thing: traveling is happiness.
We’ve curated this collection of vacation quotes to inspire and motivate you to get out of your comfort zone, pack your bags, and take the best adventure waiting for you. You can also use these vacation or road trip quotes as your travel captions for Instagram.
What’s inside this blog?
- Short Travel Quotes
- Adventure Quotes
- Inspirational Travel Quotes
- Travel to Enjoy Life Quotes by Famous Personalities
- Travelling Quotes for Instagram
- Travel Alone Quotes
- Travel with Friends Quotes
- Family Travel Quotes
- Travel Love Quotes
- Safe Travel Quotes
Short Travel Quotes
Need some inspirational travel captions for Instagram? These vacation quotes are not just short enough for people to easily read but also good motivators to get us going and chase the trip that could be the adventure of a lifetime.
- Life is short, and the world is wide.
- “Oh the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel well. ” – Eugene Fodor
- “The journey of a thousand leagues begins beneath your feet.” — Lao-Tzu
- Work, Travel, Save, Repeat
While material things give us joy, nothing compares to what adventures bring. As Mark Twain says, “20 years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
Don’t hold yourself back just because you are afraid of being lost. Or going on an adventure that could end up a nightmare. Or meeting someone and finding yourself in another summer fling. Book that flight. Take that trip. You’ll never know what awaits you until you step out of your comfort zone.
These adventure quotes will definitely inspire you to finally go on that trip you’ve been dreaming of for so long. You can also use these as travel captions for your social media posts so that you can inspire others, too.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” -J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” – Alan Keightley
- We don’t need objects; we need adventures.
- “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”― Mark Twain
Inspirational Travel Quotes
Life is short and we can’t stress enough how important it is to make the most of it. Imagine the great things that could happen if you aren’t afraid.
Read these adventure travel quotes to inspire you to be brave and bold to live the life you’ve always wanted. These are also perfect travel quotes for Instagram to have your friends motivated, too.
- “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” ― Lewis Carroll
- “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.”
- “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself” – David Mitchell
Travel to Enjoy Life Quotes by Famous Personalities
Whether you’re looking for unplanned trip quotes or something you could use as travel captions for your next post, these famous lines from known personalities will inspire you even more to pack your bags and travel.
- “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
- “Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step up, and live fully.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Agustine of Hippo
Travelling Quotes for Instagram
Ready to share on socials about your fun trip alone or with the ones you love? These road trip quotes are perfect travel captions for Instagram.
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
- “And the purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The farther you go, however, the harder it is to return. The world has many edges, and it’s easy to fall off.” – Anderson Cooper
- “Let’s get lost.”
- “Beach please”
Travel Alone Quotes
Traveling alone doesn’t mean it’s sad. It doesn’t have to be scary. Sometimes, seeing the world by yourself is just what you need to discover yourself. Let these travel alone quotes inspire you to embark on a new journey with no one else but yourself. Use these as one of your vacation captions once your trip is over so you can also inspire others to not be afraid of being alone in a foreign city or country.
- “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paolo Coelho
- “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
- “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.” — John Mayer
- “There are some places in life where you can only go alone. Embrace the beauty of your solo journey.” – Mandy Hale
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
Travel with Friends Quotes
While traveling alone is fun and rewarding, going on a trip with friends is also something you should try at least once. These travel with friends quotes will remind you how meaningful it is to travel with the gang and why it matters. Use these as your short travel captions on your next social media post.
- “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” – Unknown
- “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish proverb
- “A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.” – Unknown
- “A good friend listens to your adventures. Your best friend makes them with you.” – Unknown
Family Travel Quotes
Even if your mom is always nagging, your father being the strictest ever, your big brother pulling tricks on you, or your little sister just copying everything you do (which is cute btw), going on a trip with them is one for the books. These family vacation quotes will make you want to book that flight with the ones you love. Share these travel quotes for Instagram so you can also inspire others, too.
- “Travelling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt
- “When you travel with children, you are giving something that can never be taken away: Experience, exposure and a way of life.” – Pamela Chandler
- “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
- “In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them.” – Kevin Heath
- “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places.” – Tom Lichtenheld
Travel Love Quotes
Many say that traveling with your partner is the ultimate test to any relationship and this couldn’t ring any truer than this. There’s a different pressure involved when you’re traveling with your significant other because of course, you want the trip to bring you two closer together, not further apart.
While it’s true at some point, traveling with your partner could actually be the best decision you’ll ever make. The road will not always be smooth but when you’re with the right person, it will be easy. It’s going to be easy, fun, and memorable.
Read these couple travel quotes Instagram to inspire the both of you to take a trip together. You can also use these as your travel captions after your vacation.
- “It was us against the world.” – Burnell Glanzer
- “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” — Anonymous
- “Here’s to all the places we went. And here’s to all the places we’ll go. And here’s to me, whispering again and again and again and again: I love you.” – John Green
- “I’ve fallen in love with adventures, so I begin to wonder, if that’s why I’ve fallen for you.” – E. Grin
Safe Travel Quotes
Here are more adventure quotes that will boost your self-confidence in traveling.
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s OK. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Travel is like an endless university. You never stop learning.” – Harvey Lloyd
- “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.” – Chuck Thompson
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal” – Paulo Coelho
- “The world is waiting for you. Good Luck. Travel Safe. Go!” – Phil Keoghan
We hope these travel quotes inspire you to find joy in hopping from one place to another, trying new things you’ve never done before, meeting new people, and immersing yourself in a different culture.
Disclaimer: ZEN Rooms claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on ZEN Rooms, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.