There’s no denying that, since traveling came to a complete stop due to the pandemic, we can’t help but feel the itch of hitting the road again. The good thing is, travel restrictions in the Philippines are beginning to ease up, allowing travelers to rediscover the beauty of the country. While we can’t travel overseas yet, that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun anymore. Sometimes, the best kind of trip happens in the most unexpected places, whether it’s miles away from you or just right outside your doorstep.
One of the tourist destinations in the Philippines that reopened to the public is Baguio City, the City of Pines. Other than the pristine beaches of the Philippines, the Philippines boasts of gems like Baguio that capture the hearts of many.
Baguio is most popular for its cool weather that is why it is dubbed as the Summer Capital of the Philippines. With its stunning attractions from breathtaking views of the mountains and colorful flower gardens, a 4-hour drive to this city isn’t that bad at all. What makes Baguio a perfect staycation destination aside from its beautiful spots is the wide selection of Baguio City hotels like Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast that won’t let you break the bank.
Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast is an affordable hotel in Baguio featuring awesome amenities that give a relaxing vibe and comfort recommended for nature lovers, and bleisure travelers. From spacious rooms to its proximity to some Baguio attractions, there’s nothing you could ask for when you stay at Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast.
Among the awesome places near this Baguio hotel are:
- Bamboo Sanctuary (1.3 km) – Feel like you’re in Japan even without hopping on a plane because in Baguio, there is a cool attraction that looks like the Japan Bamboo Forest. Bamboo sanctuary in Baguio lets you walk on a narrow path with tall bamboo trees on both sides, covering the place.
- Burnham Park (1.4 km) – Burnham Park is one of the most famous places in Baguio. The park offers an Instagrammable centuries-old artificial lake where you can ride a swan boat that you can operate on your own. Aside from boating, you can also jog and bike at Burnham Park. So if you’re looking for a Baguio Hotel near Burnham Park, Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast is perfect.
- Mirador Heritage and Eco Park (2.5 km) – This tourist attraction in Baguio is one of the places that will give you peace and quiet while enjoying a nice view. It features a Rock Garden, Peace Memorial, and the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove.
- SM Baguio (3.0 km) – One of the Baguio City hotels near SM Baguio is Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast so whenever you need something, you can just walk or ride a cab to SM from this cheap hotel in Baguio.
Baguio Travel Advisory
As per City Advisory No. 08-2021, non-essential or leisure travels are now allowed starting Aug 16, 2021 but only for the following:
- From the GCQ and MGCQ areas.
- Fully vaccinated travelers with valid vaccination documents.
- If not fully vaccinated, must have negative RTPCR test results, conducted within 72 hours prior to entry.
- Registered in visita.baguio.gov.ph, with QTP, prior to travel.
- All travelers entering Baguio must undergo triage upon entry
- Only APORs and essential travels are allowed from areas under ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ with Heightened Restrictions. They must register in hdf.baguio.gov.ph.
- Observe minimum public health standards, safety protocols, and local ordinances when in Baguio.
For more travel updates, visit Baguio Tourism’s Facebook Page.
We know that it’s difficult to plan a trip at this time, that is why we make sure to offer you not just an affordable and quality lodge in Baguio but also approved by the government. Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast is one of the DOT accredited hotels in Baguio so when you choose to book with us, you are guaranteed a worry-free and safe stay.
More details about Old Orangewood Bed and Breakfast
Address: 20 F. Gomez Street, Lower P. Burgos, Baguio City
Starts at PHP 1,325/night
Perfect for: Business & Leisure travelers
What to love about this affordable hotel in Bohol:
- Free Wifi
- Hot Shower
- Shared Lounge / TV Area
- Designated Smoking Area
- Flat Screen TV
- Private Bathroom
- Bathroom Sink
- Cable TV Channel
- Window in The Room
Things to do in and around this Baguio hotel:
- Food tripping
- Horseback riding
- Thrift shopping
- Picking fresh strawberries
Related article: A Complete Travel Guide for a Memorable Staycation in Baguio
The deal you shouldn’t miss
Looking for an affordable hotel in Baguio? Here’s the best hotel in Baguio that offers low rates with great comfort, plus an additional deal you shouldn’t miss:
Use Code ZENOLDORANGEWOOD for extra 10% OFF
Valid until September 30 (prepaid orders)